Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.

Ashley Smith

Friday, January 31, 2014

A Poem

You can blame it on Anna, my poem minstrel friend.

or on the fact that I have to move work spaces, so I have to clean out my desk.

or this weird bout of "spring cleaning" that I have been experiencing.

But, whatever the reason, I have come up with a poem.  That I wrote.  It was buried under some work related papers in my paper sorter.

and, since I never, ever throw anything away, ever- I even had an electronic version saved, so I don't even have to re-type it.

It was a response to some type of writing prompt, which I can no longer remember, so I can't take the credit for being super creative.  However, it is still a poem and a super feat for a linear, science brain!

Behold, the poem: (it's about me)



Lorie

Joyful, playful, healthy, fun
daughter of stoic, driven European immigrants

lover of………       riding horses through green mountain meadows
                     bright yellow sunflowers in dark blue vases…
                           brilliant full moons peeking in my nighttime window

Who feels grateful to be here, overwhelmed by the bounty of a joyous life and also deeply sorrowful over the suburbanization of our world.

Who finds happiness in spending time with her one true love,
working, laughing, loving.

Who needs big open spaces filled with animals and flowers.

Who gives her heart, and
Who fears it won’t be returned.

Who would like to see society valuing the earth over profit.

Who enjoys porter style beers that taste like chocolate milk…

Who likes to wear her hair down, held back from her face by a small, sparkly dragonfly comb- that used to be mom’s.

Resident of the Big Sky country, Hartsong Ranch


 So there it is.  A poem.
and a photo of my cute horse from August!

Have a happy weekend!


1 comment:

  1. It's an awesome poem! And yes your horse is a cutie pie. What a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete

“Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.” -Albert Einstein